Mammoth Skillion Roof Insulation
A stiff, high-density polyester insulation designed for flat roofs or confined ceiling spaces.
Mammoth™ Skillion high-density polyester is designed specifically for the current New Zealand 'flat roof' trend, first used in kiwi holiday homes and now seen in many mainstream new houses.
Mammoth Skillion doesn't "loft" or increase in volume over time, ensuring the required 25mm air ventilation gap to the roof is always maintained. The product is stiff - making it very easy to handle - and cuts easily with a Bahco Insulation Saw (available from major hardware merchants).
No precautions are required for handling Mammoth products; they will not cause irritation when touched or give off any fumes or odours.
Mammoth Skillion comes in two thicknesses; 115mm (R2.9) or 165mm (R3.2) depending on the climate zone and how much room has been specified for the ceiling cavity. For full technical details download the datasheet at the bottom of this page.
Product Features and Benefits
- Mammoth™ Skillion sections create a healthier, more comfortable home or work environment - costing less to heat and cool
- Mammoth™ Skillion sections are BRANZ appraised and performance has a manufacturer's warranty of 50 years.
- All Mammoth™ products are safe and easy to work with. No precautions are required for handling the products. It will not cause irritation when touched and it gives off no odours.
- As an added benefit, Mammoth™ Skillion sections will help reduce noise to create a quieter internal environment.
- Mammoth™ products are formaldehyde and insecticide free - no added chemicals.
- Mammoth™ products are not affected by moisture.
- All Mammoth™ polyester products are manufactured in New Zealand.
A Sustainable Choice
- All Mammoth™ products are Red List Free - Living Future Building Institute.
- Manufactured by InsulPro Manufacturing Ltd - a carboNZero certified organisation.
- Mammoth™ products contain recycled polyester fibres. The recycled fibre used by Mammoth™ comes from recycled plastic bottles.
- Recycling plastic protects the environment by keeping the carbon content locked up in the polyester fibre and reducing landfill waste.
- Mammoth™ products are made in a near zero waste production process and all products are fully recyclable.